Set up fingerprint access, passcode access, and signature locations
You can complete these tasks now during the set-up process, or later with the
- Fingerprint access (if available on your device) sets your Clover Flex to log you in by recognizing a fingerprint when tapped on the Power button.
- Passcode access requires an input code on the device screen to log in.
To set up login access and signature locations:
- After Flex device activation, on the device Power button, gently tap the finger (or thumb) you want to use for login access on the fingerprint sensor.
- Keep tapping until the image on the display shows all parts of the fingerprint. The display gives you progress messages.
- When the display tells you your fingerprint has been added, tap Continue.
- Decide whether you want to require a passcode to access the device and choose an option. (Use the Employees app to assign passcodes.)
- Decide where you want to accept customer signatures at payment time, either on the device or on a printed receipt.
- Tap Continue.